Due Date: November 11, 2013
This is an independent project – do not work with others.
Create an example eCommerce site to promote your skills to potential clients. Your should include (but is not limited to) the following pages:
- Home Page (main company page)
- Products Page
- Specific Product Page
- Contact Page
- About Us
- Your web site must be hosted on a commercial web host. It will be checked using WhoIsHostingThis.com
- All pages should be HTML5 compliant.
- Include a CSS page that provides a uniform appearance for all other pages. You can adapt a template from sites like Latest Free CSS Templates. Menus can be positioned on the side or top of the page.
- If you are not actually selling a product or service be sure to include a prominent disclaimer indicating this is demo site and no products are for sale.
- The Products page should have a listing of all (or a subset) of the products that you are selling, showing a thumbnail and product name for each.
- Clicking on a particular product should being up a page that provides more details about that product.
Specific Product Page
- This page should display the product number, product name, product description, product price, and a larger image of the selected product.
- This page should use PHP and MySQL to obtain and display the product info.
- (You will need to create and populate your products database yourself, using an approach similar to that in the PHP assignment.)
- The user should be able to add the product to a shopping cart (more on shopping carts later).
- The Contact form should allow entry of customer details (name, address, city/state/zip, telephone, eMail, and country) as well as customer comments or questions.
- The form should use a PHP Post method to send the form data to the site owner.
- The form data should be sanitized using the PHP functions htmlspecialchars and/or strip_tags before it is sent.
- The response page should use a PHP script to display an appropriate response for the user, such as "Thanks for your message. A response will be sent to «eMail» as soon as possible." where «eMail» is the email address the user provided.
- The Contact Form should use PHP to set a cookie on the user system called "CIS430" and then your name, so if your name is Adams the cookie would be 'CIS430 Adams'.
About Us Page
- The About Us page should include plausible information similar to what an actual company might include.
- For more details about an About Us page, try Google!
- Search Feature
- Your site must include a shopping cart.
- You do not have to code it; several free carts are available.
- A former student highly recommends Mal's e-commerce.
- Shipping Calculator
SEO – every page should be optimized for search engines, including
- page names
- title tags
- h1 tags
You must provide me with the URL of your site, as well as a document indicating the point at which each of the above requirements is satisfied.
This is NOT a group project!
Here is a link to a checklist that you can use to verify that you have not missed anything: checklist
More requirements may be forthcoming...
Here is a link to some screen shots of an old project if you need ideas: Link