Deliverable III – Table creation/data entry
Using the relational model provided by the professor, create a database and the appropriate tables. Be sure to create tables representing both the entities and the composite entities. Using the reports, displays, and figures in the problem description, enter some sample data for each table. Make certain that you enter data into the composite tables that provides the linkage between the two tables being bridged. The steps that will be followed are listed below:
- Using your relational model, create each table.
- You should use numeric keys that use the auto-increment feature.
- Specify table linkages using the diagramming tool or manually.
- Using the problem description, enter some sample data into each table. If you have to, make some reasonable data up. Enter at least five tuples into each table, and be sure that you provide data that allows the tables to be linked. See note above.
Generate a pdf file (or files) containing the following.:
table and include it in your deliverable.
- MySQL steps: Object Browser, right click table name, select Edit Table Data
- You may need to use the snipping tool to capture a copy of each table.
- Object Browser, right click table name, select Alter Table...
- In resulting window, click Columns
- Again, you may need the snipping tool to capture the table structure.
- MySQL Steps:
- MySQL Steps: Database, Reverse Engineer, Next, Next, <select schemata> Next, Next, Execute, Next, Finish
- Again, you may need the snipping tool.
- Print each table and include it in your deliverable.
- Submit the database or database location, in addition to the items listed above.