Deliverable II – Normalized Relational Model
The relational model should be developed through a step-by-step process. The steps that will be followed are listed below:
- Review the identification of attributes and the E-R diagram from Deliverable I. If modifications are needed (as indicated if Deliverable 1 has been graded and returned) please include those.
- Using the E-R diagram developed in Deliverable I, along with the entities, relationships, and their attributes, determine and specify the relations. Provide the relational schema for each relation.
- Normalize each relation, explaining the introduction of any new attributes, and why each relation does or does not need to be normalized. Use the examples in the notes as a guideline and be sure to show 1NF, 2NF, and 3NF per the examples.
- Indicate the primary key in each relation by underlining, and double-underline or italicize foreign keys.
Turn in a relational schema for each relation in the form
- TABLE_NAME (KEY_ATTRIBUTE₁, ATTRIBUTE₂, ...ATTRIBUTEₓ)