Project Assignment Form and Grading
- Company background
- Problem (that made a new system necessary)
- Summary of all business functions
- Consolidation (grouping) of business functions
a. Current logical system (25 points)
- current logical DFD model (at least one process must be taken as far as Level 2)
- textual descriptions of low level processes
b. Future logical system (25 points)
- future logical DFD model (expand or decompose your DFD down as many levels as your functional analysis requires, but at least one process must be taken as far as Level 2. It may be necessary to take more processes down to Level 2.)
- process descriptions (select from Structured English, Decision Tables, or Decision Trees) for a minimum of ten functional primitives (recall that process descriptions are the same as process specifications, mini-specs, transform descriptions, document procedures) (NOTE: The final project should include textual descriptions of all functional primitives for which you do not provide process specs, but they do not have to be completed for this deliverable)
c. Future system structure chart & future physical DFD (15 points)
- structure chart for the "Add New Renter" and "Evict Renter" subsystems, including couples and flags
- future physical DFD for the "Add New Renter" and "Evict Renter" subsystems
d. Data dictionary (10 points)
- partial version showing 3 flows, 3 stores, 3 elements and at least one structure
The overall organization of the report as well as its content will influence the grading.
The presentation should be "professional quality" because in a real setting the presentation will be the first description of your project that management encounters--the thing upon which they base their first impression. A slick presentation helps to "sell" a project. It's hard to overcome a bad first impression in your actual (in the real world) presentation.
Be sure to include each of the components listed on the project page. The presentation should be submitted in a binder or should be bound, and your old deliverables should be submitted separately in a packet. An html version of the presentation is also required.