Systems Analysis & Design:
- The implementation phase encompasses the construction, testing,
training, conversion, and maintenance tasks associated with the
- Once the analysis and design phases have been completed, the
new system can be constructed.
- The construction phase includes the tasks of coding, testing,
and optimizing for efficiency.
- Meanwhile, the users must be trained and the site must be
readied for the computer.
- Later, during the conversion phase, all data must be transferred
to the new system, and the new system put into operation.
- The maintenance phase of the system development life cycle
includes daily maintenance in the form of testing and verification
that the system is working properly.
- If defects or deficiencies are found, modifications to the
system may be required.
- Analysts continue to be associated with a system throughout
these later phases of the system development life cycle.
- They may supervise coding, testing, and site preparation,
as well as being more actively involved in user training and conversion.
- Later, during the maintenance phase, analysts usually investigate
the implications of any proposed change, then supervise the implementation
of the change once it is approved.