Scheduling Options for the MSHI 2017
For the 2016 scheduling options, please visit here.
This page is intended for general guidance only. Advising for the Master of
Science in Health Informatics will be coordinated by the Graduate Advisor of
Health Informatics, Dr. Nima Kordzadeh, in BA 533 or at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You should
meet with Dr. K to develop a study plan.
There are multiple scheduling options based on your background.
Students without a degree in the computing sciences, such as business informatics, health
informatics, computer information systems, or computer science will be admitted into the MSHI-1.
Students with a degree in a computing discipline will be admitted into the MSHI-2.
The sample schedules on this page are based on the following scheduling assumptions:
Classes offered each Fall and Spring:
- INFO 5520: Health Informatics
- INFO 6540: Health Clinical Practicum
- INFO 6650: Thesis
- HCA 5575: Health Law and Bioethics
Classes offered each Fall:
- INFO 3303: Informatics Concepts
- INFO 3380: Networking and Virtualization
- INFO 5417: Statistical Methods for Data Analytics
- INFO 5524: Healthcare Workflow Process Analysis and Redesign
- INFO 6660: Informatics Project
- INFO 6670: Management of Informatics Projects
- MPH 6607: US and Global Health Systems
Classes offered each Spring:
- INFO 5507: Database Design & Implementation
- INFO 5522: Health Information Governance
- INFO 5526: Health Data Analytics
- INFO 6528: Electronic Health Records
- INFO 66xx: Informatics Elective
Note that HCA 5575 and MPH 6607 are offered by ISU's Kasiska School of Health Professions,
and they are responsible for scheduling those classes. It is our understanding that MPH 6607
is offered in the Fall only, while HCA 5575 is offered both Fall and Spring.
Please note that these assumptions cannot be guaranteed. If a professor is struck by a meteor
or abducted by aliens, it will undoubtedly create scheduling difficulties.
Another assumption is that all students will begin their coursework in the Fall semester.