Scheduling Options for the MSHI 2016
[Some modifications have been proposed for the 2017 catalog. Click here to see the changes.]
This page is intended for general guidance only. You should meet with your advisor to develop a
There are several scheduling options based on your background. Click the plus sign associated with the
option that best describes your background.
The sample schedules on this page are based on the following scheduling assumptions:
Classes offered each Fall and Spring:
- INFO 5417: Statistical Methods for Data Analytics
- INFO 5520: Health Informatics
- INFO 6540 Health Clinical Practicum
- INFO 6650: Thesis
- HCA 5575: Health Law and Bioethics
Classes offered each Fall:
- INFO 5524: Healthcare Workflow Process Analysis and Redesign
- INFO 6660: Informatics Project
- INFO 6670: Management of Informatics Projects
- MPH 6607: US and Global Health Systems
Classes offered each Spring:
- INFO 5522: Health Information Governance
- INFO 5526: Health Data Analytics
- INFO 6528: Electronic Health Records
- INFO 66xx: Informatics Elective
Note that HCA 5575 and MPH 6607 are offered by ISU's Kasiska School of Health Professions,
and they are responsible for scheduling those classes. It is our understanding that MPH 6607
is offered in the Fall only, while HCA 5575 is offered both Fall and Spring.
Please note that these assumptions cannot be guaranteed. If a professor is struck by a meteor
or abducted by aliens, it will undoubtedly create scheduling difficulties.
Another assumption is that all students will begin their coursework in the Fall semester.