It is difficult to predict salaries because, like any profession, there can be a wide disparity between what experienced professionals earn versus starting salaries.
Salaries for health information technology professionals rose by 7 percent in 2016. In its third annual survey, employment web site HealthITJobs.com found the average HIT salary is $93,469; the median wage for these professionals is $85,000.
Since no web designer can resist a good infographic, here are a few with information about HI salaries. Note that salaries vary by region, by industry, by company, and by individual. The salary numbers on this web site are not a guarantee that you will be offered a comparable salary.
The following links provide additional information on HI salaries:
- 2016 Healthcare Information Technology Salary Report
- HIT salaries rise an average of 7 percent in 2016
- Survey: Average Salaries for Health IT Pros Increased
- HealthITJobs.com Salary Tool
- What do HIT Professionals Make? (click Start Slideshow)
- 2015 HIMSS Salary Calculator & Compensation Survey
- HIMSS compensation survey: Big salary gap between men, women healthcare pros
- HIMSS salary survey reveals impressive numbers
- Consider Pursuing a Career in Health Informatics
- Why is informatics the top new career?
- Health informatics job market