CIS Advising Procedure
Further, this program of study must be completed before you can enroll in some upper division (typically 4000-level) courses, so do this well before you want to register for classes. Do NOT wait until registration opens before you contact your advisor!
Note that professors are on a nine month contract, and will probably not be available to advise you during the summer.
Here's the process for completing your program of study:
- Get a copy of your transcript through BengalWeb (here's how).
- Download the CIS advising form.
- Download the CIS program of study form.
- Using your transcripts, check off on the advising sheet all of the courses you have completed. Indicate which courses you are taking this semester by entering the semester and year. For example, if you are taking a course in fall of 2015, enter "F15" in the space provided.
- Using the appropriate schedule, on the appropriate place on the sheet (bottom of the page) pencil in the courses you think you should take over the next couple of semesters.
- Using the appropriate catalog as a guide, fill out what you think the proper sequence of courses should be for following semesters.
- Contact your advisor to setup a time for an advising appointment.
- Show up at the appointed time with (1) a copy of your transcripts,
(2) completed advising sheet, and (3) completed program of study. You
and your advisor will go over it together, sign it, and turn it in so
you can register for classes.
If you do not have all of the appropriate materials in order, your advisor may have to ask you to come back at a later time.
This College of Business link provides more information.